What is Naviance?
We are pleased to introduce Family Connection from Naviance, a Web-based service designed especially for students and parents. Family Connection is a comprehensive website that you and your child can use to help in making decisions about courses, colleges, and careers. Family Connection is linked with the PHS Counselor’s Office, a service that we use to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that is specific to our school.
Family Connection will allow students and parents to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers
- Research careers – Complete interest inventory and personality assessment, explore careers and clusters
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school for students who have applied and been admitted in the past
- Sign up for college visits – Find out which colleges are visiting our school and sign up to attend those sessions
Family Connection also lets us share information with you about up-coming meetings and events, local scholarship opportunities, and other Web resources for college and career information. In addition, the site includes a link that your child can use to send counselors an e-mail message.
- On the first visit, all parents and students will be required to enter a code in the New User Box. The codes are as follows:
- Parents: “P” and your student’s school ID (i.e. P1111111)
- Students: School ID (i.e. 1111111)
- Parents and students can then log-in to their account on subsequent visits using their email address and password chosen during registration.