Welcome to Pomerado
Luis Ortiz, Principal
12321 9th Street, Poway, CA 92064
(858) 748-1320; fax: (858) 748-8695; Attendance: (858) 679-2604
School Hours: M, T, TH, F 8:15 a.m.
- 2:35 p.m.
Wednesday 8:15 a.m. - 12:55 p.m.
"Safety drop off- pick up"
Please arrive to school on time. The bell rings at 8:10am for line up with classes starting
promptly at 8:15am
Pomerado Elementary is a closed campus. You need to "sign in" at the front office any time
you are in campus. Once the bell rang, please go to the office to sign in. Thank you for your collaboration. Safety of our Pomerado students, staff, and families is very important!
|Dec. 1||Adopt - A - Family; Caring Coins and Canned Food Drive begin|
|Dec. 4||Hearing &Vision Screening|
|Dec. 4||Rocket into Reading 8:15|
|Dec. 5||Friday Flag 8:15 - college shirt|
|Dec. 12||PPP Coffee 8:35 MPR|
|Dec. 12||4th. Gr. Field trip to Zoo 8:30 - 2:00pm|
|Dec. 15-19||Holiday Shop|
|Dec. 22 - Jan. 4||Holiday Break|
Needs Your Help Today!
Please stop by the office this week to choose a “gift tag” from the Giving Tree. On the “tag” are the wishes of a local family in need. If you cannot stop by the Giving Tree, gas and grocery gift cards are always needed.
The presents and gift cards for our families are due December 12thThank You!
Reminder of dismissal procedure:
1. All students who are not in Special Day class and are pick up by car need to go the upper parking lot. Students are to go to upper parking lot by way of the stairs/ramp by ESS. Students may not go to the upper parking lot by way of the sidewalk in front of the school unless they are accompanied by the adult picking them up or an older sibling who is not enrolled at Pomerado. Students walking home, should go thru the gate near the cafeteria.
2. The only students who are picked up in front of the school on a regular basis are SPED students. We also have parents with reserved parking spaces (Foundation) and handicapped placards.
3. Parents cannot come up the wrong side of the street to go into the upper parking lot or to park in the spaces in front of the office. Open spaces in front of the office afterschool are saved for district personnel or parents who are arriving for an IEP or other afterschool meeting.
4. Students should not be loaded into cars in the red zone in front of the school, in the middle of the roundabout, or double park to pick up students. Other drivers are intent on going home or to their next destination and are not watching for stopped cars in the middle of the street. There are also two other driveways feeding into the traffic flow (the new meditation center and the preschool) and those drivers are often in a hurry.
Consistent enforcement of the rules will help maintain a safe environment.
All year long online
Our school online ID is 6069
As the weather changes please remember that Pomerado has a dress code to follow!
The Poway Food and Nutrition Department is pleased to announce the MENUS online. Check it out at www.powayusd.com/nutrition/
EMPLOYER DONATION MATCHING
Click the following link to see if your employer will match your donation to the Pomerado Elementary School Foundation: http://www1.matchinggifts.com/pusdpoes/
Click here for information about County Vaccination Clinics