Welcome to Pomerado ESS!
2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR
If you would like to register your child for the ESS Program, please fill out all the appropriate paperwork and return to the ESS site. After turning in your paperwork we will require a two-day processing time
before your child will be able to start.
Pay your ESS Bill On-Line! Go to: http://firstlinemerchant.com/PUSD/ess.htm
- Mission Statement - "ESS is a bridge between school and home where children are encouraged to learn, create, and explore within their school, community, and world."
- Program Overview - This extended-day program expands the excellence of each child's school experience into before and after school. ESS is staffed by highly qualified professionals and trained program assistants. The staff provides for the academic and social needs of children in safe and nurturing environments. There is time, space, encouragement, and support for learning good study habits.
- Program History - The ESS program began in 1980 and is now offered in every elementary school in the Poway Unified School District. All children who attend elementary school in the District are eligible to enroll.
- Program Activities - Our program is geared toward expanding each child's world through arts & crafts projects, science activities, reading and language arts reinforcement, and math concept development. Our program reinforces the social, motor, and academic skills children learn in the classroom.
- Hours - Our office hours are 6:30-8:30 am and 12:00-6:00 pm.
ESS Embraces ENRICH, an acronym to include the following areas of enrichment, to use as a Guide for Staff Planning:
E xercise mind & body
R eading & Relationships
I nvestigating Interests
C haracter Counts!, Creative Thinking, & the Arts
H aving Fun!
We believe that the children's extended day will be enriched by providing a balanced activity calendar that will support their growth and development. We want to encourage the children to explore their interests, motivate them to achieve their personal best, and relax and have fun with friends.